Something for the wife

Downloaded this from the internet and made it for the wife. Felt lining was also cut using the laser. Looks nice and wife very pleased with it.

6 Likes

It’s a nice gift for her, she’ll be happy.
I think it is very nice finisch you have achieved, congratulations.

Beautiful piece of work.
Thanks for sharing.

That’s lovely, well done.

Hi Ronald,
I’m doing this heart shaped boxes also and am having issues assembling them. Did the kerf adjustment but there are so many finger joints they are driving me nuts. And the second thing is aligning the bottom heart of the lid with the framing of the heart. Didn’t figure an easy way for now. How did you get things aligned? If you had any issues at all :slight_smile:

BR, Dean

Well this is not an easy task. I found the finger joints needed tapping into place after sanding off the sharp edges. The heart lid was a real puzzle until I decided to use a template. Place the box upside down on a bit of paper. draw around it and cut out so you will have a paper lid. Place this on box and mark the inner edge of the box opening. Now cut this out and make sure it fits the box nicely. Lay this on your wooden lid and place the insert inside the template. If all looks well, go ahead and glue the two together. That’s how I did it. Hope it works for you.

1 Like