Speed Changes on running job

Hi All, I have purchased a New Neje 40 Watt Max 2s laser. I have set it up and so far so good but I saw something last night that I was not sure of what was happening and I wondered if maybe I had not set it up correctly. I started a job (which actually successfully completed) and I noticed what is below in the console window. The job was set to run at 300MM/M, power 82, passes 9… The job only had 1 layer, but when I looked at the console window I saw this:
Starting stream
Layer Speed 50 mm/s Pass 1 of 9
Layer Speed 50 mm/s Pass 2 of 9
Layer Speed 50 mm/s Pass 3 of 9
Layer Speed 50 mm/s Pass 4 of 9
Layer Speed 50 mm/s Pass 5 of 9
Layer Speed 50 mm/s Pass 6 of 9
Layer Speed 50 mm/s Pass 7 of 9
Layer Speed 50 mm/s Pass 8 of 9
Layer Speed 50 mm/s Pass 9 of 9

if you convert 300mm/m to mm/s it = 5 not 50…can anyone tell me why I see 50? I checked my settings and I am using mm/min which is recommended for diode…

3000 mm/min is 50 mm/sec. Can you verify that your speed was 300 mm/m, not 3000 mm/m

I took a snapshot of the job - it does appear to be 300… is there some other setting that may reflect that 3000 status - like a multiplier of sorts??

Notice what you’ve named this layer:

The text being emitted is just the name of the layer.

If I could get my leg up I would kick my own butt for that … dang! My apologies on bothering folks when I should have seen that myself.

Thank you to all who replied !

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.