Spindle / laser conflict?

So I have been using Picsender for my spindle controller for several years now with great success.(and I want to keep using it)
What I notices today is, I had my laser system turned on and when I tried to start picsender I got the message that it could not find the com port.
Am I going to have a problem using my spindle and laser on the same [projects and from the same X Y zero? (of course taking into account the laser offset in Y)

Was Lightburn open? There might be an issue sharing the COM port between applications.

Yes, lightburn was running.
When I shut it down, picsender started ans normal.
I really need them to work in conjunction with each other.
On any given project I want to be able to run my laser then switch to the spindle to cut it out.
(using the same X Y zero locations)

I guess I don’t understand why you need to have them both open at the same time. What’s the issue with closing LB?

If i close it, wont I lose my X Y zero location?

Closing the software shouldn’t affect the working state of the controller. Only one application can be talking to the controller at one time.

I guess Ill have to rethink my process.
Which I guess shouldn’t be a big deal.
Ill just have to do all of my laser work, then come back with the spindle for the profile work.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.