Stack Light Thoughts... again

Then how do I get a “no light” ?

This would work to artificially simulate the time between “Idle” and “done” but the red light would also be on any other time the yellow light is off, would it not… including startup and not running modes.

Or am I underthinking things?

Well, I tried this… moved the wire to the red lamp over to the “AIR” pin, but had no luck. Yellow working correctly, but Red still not coming on, even with air assist on all layers in Lightburn.

My air pump (internal to the machine) is on any time the machine is powered on… it does not appear to need to be told by Lightburn to run. And there was never anything connected to any of the pins on that block (in fact, I had to buy the connector myself… Monport didn’t include one). And just for drill, I swapped the connector out with another, just to rule that out too.

Just to make sure my Red lamp was not the problem, I swapped the yellow and red leads, placing the red lamp where the yellow was… and it responds correctly. So it’s not the lamp.

I think his suggestion was to confirm you have a non-operational status sink on the Ruida …

You have to enable the air assist within the Ruida to use the Wind sink.

:smile_cat:

1 Like

Power off the laser controller when not in use.

Duh… so I went into the vendor settings (using RDWorks - which makes me hook up a USB cable… but I won’t go into that here) and toggled the “Blower” tick box to on (why they call it Wind in one instance, and Blower in another, is beyond me - might as well be Chinese too). Low and behold, with the red lamp wire on the wind sink, it does in fact light up the Red lamp when cutting a layer with air toggled on in Lightburn.

I almost want to call this a solution. Is there somewhere in the Vendor Settings that controls that Status sink maybe?

[Edit: OMG… found it… see below]

1 Like

I’ll be damned… that little bugger right there is the reason my “Status” sink was never working!

Soft PLC

I had seen this screen in an RDWorks video, but they never explained what it did. Apparently Monport in their vendor wisdom, decided to not enable this particular box… the result was no activity on the Status sink. Once I enabled it… EVERYTHING works as expected. There appears to be no equivalent setting in Lightburn.

I have no idea what the other toggles are for (colors, situations, etc…) but with simply “Enabling” this… it works.

Thank you all for your help and direction on this topic.
I can’t believe it was there the whole time.

I’ve seen that a couple times where you had to use RDWorks and sometimes a specific version to get at some of these options…

I’d make a guess they manipulate how the out1 and out2 controls respond … there is really nothing else left…

Glad you figured it out…

Have fun

:smile_cat:

1 Like

It sounds like you might need to check how your Ruida controller is set up to make sure it is set up correctly to send a signal when the laser is on.

This issue was resolved, three posts above. Marked Solution.

Thanx.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.