"Start job on laser from here" does not correlate to where the laser actually starts

Occasionally I need to run specific shapes of a larger design from a specific point (e.g a small area needs a 2nd pass due to glue spot)

I’ve been using the “start job from here” feature for over a year with no issues, but lately it’s been wonky

The spot in the preview window does not correlate with where the laser begins to cut anymore.

For example, cutting a square. I drag the slider back until the preview window shows that it will start the job halfway down the left side, but when I actually “start job on laser from here” it starts from a corner instead.

Not sure what could have changed to affect this, but I’m perplexed.

Any insight? I’m still on 1.3.01, haven’t needed to update for a while since in receiving from a spinal surgery. Perhaps I should try that and see if it fixes it.

Check your optimization settings. There is an option called “chooose corners, if possible” that may be on.

I tried changing most of the optimization settings, didn’t fix or change the issue.

That was my only guess.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.