Stepper motor issues

Was that originally wired up or have you wired it up by yourself? Can you provide a photo of that plug?

It’s been a while since I messed with it but it did work but I wanted to insure that I wired it correctly

To be sure if your plug is wired correctly you will have to check the wires on the other side of the connector and where those wires are ending up on your driver.

But I seriously doubt that you could have bricked your stepper by messing with those wires. Steppers can sustain quite a lot of heat before the inner coils get seriously damaged. And if that might have happened you should have seen smoke coming out of it and you would still smell a quite distinct stench from your stepper.

I don’t know why I didn’t think to look at the other side of the plug lol. Thank you. It had a smell to it for sure

Ok so this is a picture of the Nema17 that is on the rotary. The driver specs. And the motor specs. I tried adjusting the dip to 1.3a but it still is getting insanely hot

Is the stepper only getting hot or is it getting hot while idle but otherwise working as expected?

This is after about 1 minute of the machine being powered on.

135F? Meh, that ain’t nuthin. Not even warmed up yet. Not to worry about that at all.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.