Stop button hangs-system is busy until I restart LB

I’m using a Mac running Ventura 13.4.1 and for a little while now, I’ve been having issue when using the stop button once I start a project. Pause works fine but if I choose stop, the system hangs and stays busy until I close LB and relaunch it. I’ve tried changing USB ports to no avail. It used to work just fine. I don’t see that there’s a bug fix in the latest update. Is anyone else having this problem? If I could just remember not to use that button until I’ve hit pause first, then I wouldn’t be asking but sometimes I forget that it doesn’t work the same as it used to.
Thanks!
Kathy

Kathy, Had something similar a while back…I think I got around it by using pause first then the Stop button…Hope that help Good luck… :ghost:

Yes, pause then stop does work for me but sometimes I hit stop first by accident (usually when I’m in a bit of a panic) :laughing: and then it’s a big fat pain to get going again. I just wish it could work correctly like it used to. Must be strictly a Mac thing or more people would have the same issue. I think it was happening before I updated my OS to Ventura so I don’t think that’s why it happens. :woman_shrugging:t3: Thanks for your response.

The only other thing I can think of ( cause my laser is in bits some repair work), Turn the Laser off and pull the Blue cable from the Laser and plug it back in again (affectedly resetting it I think).
Works on my Sculpfun S9, no restarting LB…Merlin…

Don’t think so… some of these control boards don’t do so great…

Also, the grbl controllers take a few instruction in, then wait until is can get the next… it’s streamed and you are interrupting it when you want to pause or halt…

I have two of them that my Ubuntu (Linux) that don’t handle the stop/pause very well or not at all…

I moved the big laser over to Ethernet, it was a great relief from USB… I know that’s not always an option.

:smile_cat:

Powering off the laser and turning back on does reset it most of the time. Weird that the stop button used to work just fine up until (I think) 2 updates ago, maybe 3. Pause has always worked for me and from there I can stop successfully but only if I use pause first. I guess I just need to be careful to only use pause until it gets fixed. Thanks for your input.

Go back 3 or so updates and see what happens…yeah never know till you try…Merlin…

I guess I could just to see where the problem started but I don’t want to lose the new features so I’m not sure it’s worth the time. :neutral_face: Thanks for the idea though. If I didn’t know a workaround, I’d definitely try it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.