Strange Engrave Issues when power increase

Yeah, it’s late here too. Good luck

Thanks I will post a photo when I run the circle engrave at 15%

I dont understand how increasing the power of the laser, changes the way the Y & X Axis operate, when I have it on 12% its smooth and does what it need but change to above this and machine goes crazy with noises and steps being missed its insane. I have a video link here
Engraving Issues - Video

That’s pretty weird. I’m going to guess that electrical noise from the HV power supply and/or its wiring is being picked up by the stepper control circuitry.

I’d make sure that all the HV wiring is routed as far as possible from the all the low voltage stuff and that there’s no loose or arcing wires on the HV side that’s creating excess noise.

Some seriously strange things happened but it looks to be the simplest solution to be the winner. I changed the PWM Raising Edge setting again and this started to give me a shape that resembled the skull image, but it was still skipping steps. I drilled a hole in my Cabinet so I could adjust the tension on the go ( x & y belts) this improved the image heaps but still didn’t fix the steps being missed in some areas(where teeth are in image)

How tight should the cheap Chinese lasers belts be?

Not tight at all. One finger pushing it in tension, nip it up.

Yeah I think I have it right now but I don’t think the belt tension was the full problem

Just stumbled upon this thread again. I have the exact same problem, had a thread about it few months back, with no solution… When increasing the power of the laser (could not find a threshold though), and only in engraving, the result would be shifted around just like steps are being missed… low power and the result was perfect… since then I replaced both my tube (due to other reasons), and my controller to the Ruida 6445 ( I had a Ruida 6442 before), but the problem remains, so I could assume it was none of these…

I have tried increasing the amperage on the steppers, but that this not solve it, isolated the HV power supply and lines, grounded the cabinet, checked for arcing, none worked… :frowning:

Would really love to hear what and if this is fixed with your setup!

Thanks much

This is the thread I was referring to BTW: Wavy text fill problems at higher laser power

Try changing the setting in x and y settings for PWM raising edge to True and do another test and see if this helps

I also adjusted my belts so they are a bit looser

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.