Streifen mit Lightburn

Hallo
Wenn ich ein Bild lasere mit Lightburn habe ich immer Streifen drin (siehe Foto)
Mit den gleichen Einstellungen in Laser GRBL läuft es ohne Probleme.
Wo kann der Fehler liegen ?

1200/15 (Weiße Fliese lackiert)
318dpi (imageR)
Jarvis oder Stucki

Bald ist die Lizenzfreie vorbei.
Werde die Software nicht kaufen wenn ich es nicht in den Griff bekomme.
Würde aber gerne mit Lightburn arbeiten.

Laser: Sculpfun S9

Don’t see any photos in your post. Can you repost?

oh… sorry :see_no_evil:

Does the photo show both the laserGRBL sample and the LightBurn sample?

Only lightburn

Hard to tell from just the example but the DPI setting may be too high causing overburn in overlapping areas.

Try running an interval test from Tools->Interval Test to determine ideal DPI.

As far difference from laserGRBL you may need to enable “Constant Power Mode” in cut settings to mimic the same behavior.

I will test it.

Es funktioniert :slightly_smiling_face:
Es war der “Constand Power Mode”
Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s good. It looks like you may be able to still better optimize your setup so suggest you still go through an interval test.

Also, you may want to run some test patterns without constant power to get a better feeling for how it works. Constant power basically turns off the power modulation between min/max for speed changes. It’s usually something you want as it’s meant to reduce overburning at transitions.

Enjoy the new laser!

Stripes again, I give up.
Lightburn doesn’t like me.
The free time is also running out …

This is what I was saying before. I think there’s room for optimization. Did you try the interval test?

yes

Did you make any adjustments based on that? What are your new settings?

To me it looks like your Y-axis might be dragging a bit. Make sure you have proper tension on the belts. They should have no slack, be taught, but not stretching. You may have too much tension. Make sure the belts do not have any damage like broken or mangled teeth.

Check pinion on stepper to make sure it’s uniform in shape and rotating smoothly on the shaft.

Inspect wheels are properly aligned and moving freely on the rails. Make sure there’s no wobble of the wheels and that the wheels are round, not oblong.

Can you upload the .lbrn file here as well. Might be something in the file that’s causing problems.

I have already changed the belts (Gates G2T).
The tension should be such that the slide slowly slides at 45 degrees.
I have not made any other settings.
I don’t know which ones either.
Is my first laser …

Hey Oliver,

while testing my new (and first) laser i had the same problems. I have noticed that the wheels on the Y-axis are not perfectly fitting the rails. I also have noticed that the wheels are already worn of a bit. At the moment i´m thinking about adding a linear-guide to the axis, making them more stiff, so my laser won´t wiggle at higher speeds.
For first help until i add the linear guides i have greased the wheels just a bit with oil used for sewing machines. It seemes to help against worn off wheels at least a bit.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.