Struggling Newbie

I’ve got a Universal Engraver 3000mW Blue CNC. I am brand new to all things engraving. I followed a step by step video to get everything put together correctly. Was having issues with BenBox, that’s when I stumbled upon LightBurn. Found some help in the forums on how to change my firmware to GRBL. I have my laser set up in LightBurn. It tells me it’s connected. However, no matter what I try I cannot get the laser to move or turn on or anything. I’ve looked through the forums and gone through the setup documents until I feel like I’m going cross-eyed.

Can anyone offer any help or point me to helpful information?

These are the right resources to use. Post your firmware settings, and we can take a look.

I’m pretty sure this is what you are asking for:

$0=10

$1=25

$2=0

$3=0

$4=0

$5=0

$6=0

$10=0

$11=0.010

$12=0.002

$13=0

$20=0

$21=0

$22=1

$23=0

$24=25.000

$25=500.000

$26=250

$27=1.000

$30=1000

$31=0

$32=1

$100=250.000

$101=250.000

$102=250.000

$110=500.000

$111=500.000

$112=500.000

$120=10.000

$121=10.000

$122=10.000

$130=730.000

$131=630.000

$132=200.000

Hi,
Did you get it to work? I got the same problem but haven’t found any solution jet.
Thanx

Please provide an update after reviewing this post.

Still cannot get a response from it.

The windows 7 machine is not my main computer. I borrowed it from a friend when I was having difficulty with VirtualBox on my Mac. Since I have upgraded the firmware I tried the laser with my Mac and I cannot get a response from it on either computer

Are you trying to run LightBurn in this virtual machine environment? Please provide the current configuration you are trying to use. What OS and version, what version of LightBurn, and what version number of firmware used on your control board? How are you trying to connect? What port and how is that configured?

We are going to need as much detail as possible. We have hundreds of successful “3000mW Blue CNC GRBL” users, so we know that working together, you can get this working. :slight_smile:

Oh man you are giving me hope!

Ok optimally I’d like to run it off my Mac. I have LightBurn running on my Mac (Not through virtualbox). I’m running macOS High Sierra - 10.13.6. Running LightBurn version 0.9.24. Running GRBL 1.1f20170801. Connecting with a USB 3.0

Did you select a port? Have you been able to connect and run a job before? Searching the forum returns a ton of previous post from folks using a similar laser setup. Have you reviewed some of the issues resolved in these posts? You might find the required gem. :wink:

The new documentation has a section for Common Grbl Setups that is also worth review.

Start posting some screenshots of your Device Settings (spanner / screwdriver icon top-center) and the full LightBurn window with the ‘Laser’ and ‘Console’ window tabs showing.

Yes, port selected. Have not been able to run a job before. I have looked through the forum before I started this thread, but I will do some more searching. :+1:t3:

I had looked through that documentation for the Common GRBL Setups, but I gave it another run through just to be sure.

Here are those screenshots:

The top image with the console is showing that you are connected but receiving an ‘error:9’ message.

Something is triggering the ‘shock detection’, and shutting down the laser. The motion control board has a detector that shuts the laser off in case the machine is bumped or moves beyond some setting as a safety mechanism.

Also check this:

It moved!! I can tell that there are some parameters that are not set up correctly, but at least I know it works.

I’m sure I’ll have some more questions, but I’ll take a couple of days to play around with it and see can I get everything set properly.

Thank you so much for your help and your patience!

Keep us up to date, we are here to help. :slight_smile:

Hey! I am using the same laser as you and I am having a lot of trouble getting it to burn at a reasonable time. If you test it out and get it work at anything faster than 500mm/m, let me know what settings you’re using. I have been at this for quite a while.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.