Switching x and y axis inputs

Because of the orientation and size of my cutting field 65"x 45", and that the double motors run the 65"dimension it would be easier if the 65" double motor was my x axis rather than my y axis. Is there a way to have the x axis inputs directed to the two y axis ports?

Take note of the axis configurations (steps, dimensions, etc), swap the physical outputs from the controller to the drivers, and swap the values configured in the controller for X and Y.

Right. That’s what I’m doing now. It’s really about the visual lay out and that I have to translate it every time and sometimes fail. The long edge of the table (y) as you look and work with it is oriented as an x axis. It would be so much easier if I could switch the inputs.

Though maybe you’re telling me something I’m not understanding. Really I’m just a designer, not very computer literate.

These only one x axis port on my controller and two y axis ports. I’m guessing there’s no way to change the input from LB. Correct?

Thanks for your help. I merged my y axis wires and plugged them into the single x port.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.