Text not engraving properly

hi, my laser works fine with the shapes, traces, etc. but it doesn’t want to engrave properly and it feels like the power goes down, I don’t think I’m setting it too fast because it still does this at 1800/m (mm/m), it also doesn’t want to cut through MDF 1.5mm thick at 300/m with a box 135mm by 83mm. it only sometimes does this as I was cutting and engraving present tags and it cut one out but not the next one which was in the same file as previous and it was a duplicate of the first one but with different text

I had a problem like this, where you can cut and engrave small things no problem, but when doing a larger job, or multiple jobs together where the laser was running for a longer period without a break the power would drop off.

In the end my power supply was set up wrong and was sending to much current to the tube, this damaged the tube.

I had to replace the tube and power supply in the end to fix it.

Firstly check the mamps the power supply is giving to the tube at 99%, should be no more than 30ma. If it’s higher then your tube could have been damaged.

also run the machine for a test long job, and watch the ma meter, see if they are dropping during the test. (run straight lines at say 80% power back and forth for 10 mins or whatever time you are noticing the power change in your previous jobs. Then you can see if it’s a possible power supply issue.

I hope it’s something more simple than this, but that was my experience.

it doesn’t change during the job but in between jobs. for example ill do one tag, check it out and it’ll all be good(fully cut out, engraved properly, etc.) then finish the job, then in the same file I will select the next tag and start that one, but it won’t engrave properly or cut it out fully, I don’t think it gets too hot in the room where I laser cut and I keep it next to a slightly opened window for ventilation. i also made sure to not change any of the settings and even made sure to add extra passes and increase power

sounds like a settings issue. maybe post the LB job then we can take a look, shooting blind otherwise

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.