The saga of a failed Ruida based laser

Did you restore the original configuration that you saved? I’d try that, although I’m not optimistic…

I’m in Arizona, where are you?

Some things are just lemons… you seem to be having your share of problems with this machine…

:smile_cat:

Mad Phil, the best engineer I ever worked with, had a saying: “When you’re debugging a problem and find something else wrong, fix it before proceeding”. His point was everything can be a clue toward the goal.

If the pump is running, the water protect sensor should pull that input low. If it doesn’t, figuring out why may lead you to discover something important is missing.

Which suggests the controller’s DIR signal is not reaching the stepper driver.

Verify that the output pin on the controller goes high for one direction and low for the other (with respect to the controller’s GND pin); if it doesn’t, then the controller has a problem. If that works, then verify the DIR pin on the stepper driver behaves the same way; if it doesn’t, then figure out why.

Before that will work, you must fix all the previous problems, enable homing, then verify it works when the controller starts up.

There are no shortcuts …

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.