These really struck a cord with Me

These really struck a chord with me…now spitting distance from 70 tears old

Really took a long Look at myself in mirror this morning…OMG where have the years gone!!!

White tile method (in files section

2.5 watt Eleksmaker

LightBurn Stucki

105 x 105 mm

70 minutes

4 Likes

Gorgeous results as always!

and I know these images… not sure if I like them that much :wink: it does make one think!

1 Like

This is a photographers photographer, I had mad respect for this guys talents when I was in the business.

His name is Tom Hussey And he created a series of photographs as an ad for an Alzheimer’s pharmaceutical patch that tries to raise awareness regarding the serious disease and its symptoms.

The photographer was inspired by a WWII veteran who said that he couldn’t understand he was 80, “He commented that he didn’t understand how he could be 80-years-old as he felt he was still a young man. He just didn’t feel it was possible he could be 80-years-old.”

Using sets of people with a 50-year age difference, Hussey gathered a collection of bittersweet photos that even though they portray something staged, their message reminds us all of something true. For some people their past is also their now and they unfortunately can’t remember their past selves, as they do not see their present selves.

“The images are all about history — remembering yourself in historical context. I think the history and memory aspects are very important to me and my interest in this helped make the campaign a success.”

If anyone wants to see more of this great photographers work check out his website

:beers:

image image image image

3 Likes

@Sasquatch…thankyou …great info I usually try to look up subject and artist…great learning experience …Thanks again

Very poignant images indeed.
Once again Jim, very impressive work.