Thin text issue. Kinda blurred?

My dad noticed something that the machines rocks back and forth a little too much when operating… could this be an issue?

I’m gonna remove the casters and completely lay the machine on the floor

Welp. Yeah I clamped the wood down with c clamps onto the metal rails and that did the trick. Better engraving. These motors are buff…

I’m still gonna remove the casters and lay the machine on the floor to lessen the movement when engraving and continue to use clamps to hold down the wood.

The machine movement shouldn’t hurt anything, but could cause light woods to slip a little, so clamps, magnets, etc can be useful there.

You are correct about the machine movement. I had same issue with the 100w laser being on the wheels. Heavy gantry keeps the inertia for sufficient time to notice on small text. Air assist with high pressure should help on wood engraving to reduce the burning. Considering you will not change the wood essence the only next improvement I see is to order the compound lenses from Cloudray. That made a big difference for me. The beam focus will have a smaller dot and then you can look at using smaller scan intervals also.

Thanks for the input and it’s made a big difference but I’m still getting slight burry text with small font unfortunately. Can you send a link to these lenses?

https://www.amazon.com/Cloudray-Compound-Engraving-Diameter-Machine/dp/B07KC58TDQ
There are some youtube videos explaining how it works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATu-7EGZGMA and a google search for cloudray compound lens will give you a good starting point to document yourself on how to proceed :slight_smile:

Thank you so much!

Ordered the lens kit. Should be coming in soon as I ordered expedited shipping.

I’ll show my results soon. Thank you all for the feedback again. Much appreciated👍🏽

Question… anyway I can fix the engraving during entry so to say? Looks like as soon as it shoots the laser it leaves a “blurry” start then at the end it’s nice and detailed?

Picture attached if anyone can chime in on this…

This might be the cause of the blurry engraving? No matter how clean the offset is as the lines are parallel to eachother the beginning of each line hits blurry then it’s nice till the end of each line.

To me it does not look like a lens or focus problem but rather a power distribution problem. I will try to experiment with the start delay and see if it has an impact. Speed ramping is also interesting in this context.

Definitely Bern.

I was trying to look for a setting that can be adjusted for this issue but couldn’t find anything:/ hope to read your outcome soon.

Thank you.

I do not know your machine but possibly you can use this here,
picture 2 is from the fine LightBurn documentation, and the first is found under the machine settings / advanced …
ps. the values are fictitious

Got it. I’ve seen those values/menu. I didn’t mess with it but I’ll give it a shot today. Thanks again man👍🏽

Your beam shouldn’t be a halo. A normal beam with a single spot in the middle is called TEM00 (Transverse Electromagnetic Mode) 00. As tubes age or degrade, they can shift to other modes, or manufacturing defects like incorrect lens angle or curvature can cause this too.

You might need to replace the tube.

Damn:/ and I just bought this machine with zero warranty as the supplier doesn’t have warranty on any of the machines.

Wel I spoke to my supplier and I’m getting my tube replaced at no cost so that’s great news.

Also, I made a new focus guide stick thing so that was an issue as well… glad the engraving is coming along well but not perfect how I would want it to but hopefully these little changes work. I’ll update later when I get the new tube installed this weekend, and I’m still waiting on the focus lenses to arrive which should’ve came today but they didn’t:/

That’s great news about the tube - not everyone would replace that for you.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I never actually did look into the offset “speed” setting I just changed the “line” setting on the offset. So that did the trick.

I’m still receiving the new tube replacement just to be safe.

The engraving is perfect and spot on like my 50w laser.

I think this issue has been resolved and again thank you all for your amazing support!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.