Thunderlaser 35 with lightburn Camera issue

I am having problems setting up my lightburn camera. I searched the lightburn site and believe I opted for the right camera. I have a Thunderlaser 35 with 900 x 600 bed. I purchased a 8mp 95degree camera. Issue one, when i plug the camera in the image is reversed. I have ran the lens calibration and allignment twice. And all looks great. during the calibration my highest score was 0.013. That was with the circle picture on the bed but tipped per the image. Anyway. I thought I would cut the circle in the middle and it cuts out of alignment. I ran the process twice and both results were identical.

Which version of LightBurn are you using? Those images have been changed for a while. The image you’re referring to shows the view from a rear-mounted camera, and the card is tipped to face the camera.

You say “it’s out of alignment”, but the image you’re showing on screen matches what you see on the bed of the laser, does it not? To me it looks like it went exactly where it was drawn.

0.9.14, I placed two circles onto the update after the alignment was finished. But they are of centre to the faded one in the picture. I will try again tomorrow. I saw that it doesn’t matter if you set it to fisheye or standard. Are the circles supposed to be flat to the bed. all over. Some of the pictures gave me the impression that the images around the side were tilted. Thanks for responding

From the docs:

The 8mp-95 is not a fisheye lens, so don’t use that option. The way to tell is if straight lines in the real world are curved in the camera preview - that’s a fisheye lens.

You said you have a 900 x 600 bed. So, look at this image:

The target circle is perfectly centered on the ‘450’ line, which is exactly half way across your laser. The circle you drew is not centered on that line, and looks like it came out exactly where you drew it.

Hello Oz, I know you probably think I’m being stupid. I have ran the lens calibration and alignment again. When i place an item into the machine and update overlay, then try and cut a circle or anything out, the image is offset to where I want it too be. I even enlarged the circle print. I also kept the original and place it on something taller to make it appear like expected. Could the issue be that when I view the camera control it displays the image 180 degrees out so the number 1 is shown to be front right when I do the update. I installed the camera with the cable coming out of the right hand side, as I have seen on other images. Is there a setting somewhere that I can correct it. Anyway thanks for your time.

Tony

Sorry this image is missleading. i used the nudge buttons to place the circle over the area that was engraved, but it was actually placed in the centre of the alignment circle. I’m sure I’ll get there in the end.

Thanks

Tony

As long as you tag the numbers in the correct order (1, 2, 3, 4) the software will flip the resulting capture. The live preview won’t change, but the background will be correct. Did you tag the marker numbers out of order? That would certainly cause problems.

Your right the background is correct. Thanks for putting up with me.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.