Tip for using baking soda trick!

I am interested.
When i tried it… the wood DID turn yellowish so I stopped.

I use 2 cups of water, 2 tablespoons of baking soda and 2 to 3 tablespoons of white paint. Also i have found that shaking it to mix it works better than stirring it. I hope this helps you as much as it has me

2 Likes

2 to 3 tablespoons of white paint

What kind of “white paint” are you using? Paint powder? Thanks.

This is what i use

Valspar Ultra White Interior Paint Sample (Half Pint)

1 Like

For what is this trick?

The baking soda makes the wood burn better, but it also makes it turn yellowish

Notice how the inside of the marine symbol is kind of yellow. I have sanded around the outside but not the inside

1 Like

this is one i did using adding paint to the mixture

1 Like

How do you apply this mixture? And how much helps it to burn the wood? (You mean only engraving or also cutting?

I put it in a spray bottle to apply it then use a paint brush to smooth it out. I use enough to give it a good coat. Also i use a heat gun to dry it because i do not have enough time to sit around and wait on it to dry. I have not tried it for cutting anything

1 Like

You have challenged me to an experiment. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let me know how it works out for u!!!

Hi,
can someone describe ‘the soda trick’ for us who just got out of our rock dwellings haha

thanks
Rob

3 Likes

Dang it…now here’s another trick I have to try. I just got the hang of the white tile method…now the baking soda method.
Which begs the question…who comes up with these science guy tricks…like would never have come up with baking soda and I am a guy who comes up with some off the wall stuff.

1 Like

Can someone explain in detail what this is?
A: what does it do.
B: what is “ the mix” and how to apply

1 Like

I am not sure who came up with this i just happen to come across it on here one day! But it has helped me tremendously!!!

The baking soda makes the wood burn darker but in my experience it also made it have a yellow tint so that is why i tried adding the paint to the mixture… Kind of like white washing… I use 2 cups of water, 2 tablespoons of baking soda and 2 to 3 tablespoons of white paint.

For anyone who hasn’t seen this before:

1 Like

Add a little white paint to the mixture and you will not get the yellowing that the baking soda causes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.