Too much power Output LightBurn Ortur Laser M2 15w

Hi, in my configuration settings the max power of 1000 is the same like $30 1000. The laser is burning as hell at 1% power :joy: its very hard to do a good engraving job. I decided to chance max setting to 500 and $30 also to 500. now you can see the results. In the middle the normal 1000 mode, right 500 on plywood and 500 on the left with bamboo.

Is that the solution for those power problems?

1 Like

Do you know what $32 mean?
You should read GBRL Wiki here.
$32=0 or 1, for M4
$31=0
$30=1000 or 255

I meant 30! Sorry

Hello Toby
Could you post your full grbl specs by writing $$ on console and copy/paste?

Are you saying that no matter what power % you write on the cut/layer settings it always burns at 100% power?

Regards

Today after work, i will change the maximum power to 255. This is untypical for those Ortur Lasers right? They all are working good with the 1000. Is there a special reason why the setup is especially 255 or 1000?

The settings look stock, but just in case you can reset them with $RST=*

Do run this file for me in a bit of scrap you have, and send me picture of the after result?
Ortur power Test.lbrn (44.7 KB)
Just open -> run

1 Like

I’ll do, thanks for your help and best regards

1 Like

It needs to be 1000 max on Lightburn settings
This had to do with 8bit resolution of controlers mostly - but i can stand corrected - now with 32bit controlers we have more resolution (bit size wise)

The test you ran you had 255 or 1000 mas on Smax in lightburn?

1000 is the value you need

If your tests are run at 1000, something is up with your PWM decoding hardware wise.
Is this a new problem, arrived all of a suden or always been like this?

P.S. you have access to a multimeter?
REgards

1 Like

Okay, i’ll set everything back to 1000 in $30 and in the settings. Special baudrate settings?

It has been this way since the beginning, that would also explain why the laser already burns a line at 0.01% fire button. is the mainboard behind the ortur laser shield the problem maker? yes, of course i have some good multimeters. what can i do to help with this issue :blush::+1:t3:

Well i would first of all reset your GRBL settings
Because you clearly been fiddling

on consol type
$RST=*
press enter
Then in Device configuration in lightburn change Smax to 1000

Try again and see what output you get
1% fire button shouldnt burn at all

i am not discarding a PWM circuit problem, just saying its not common

While you are at it, could you send me a picture of your wiring at the 2 little white plugs above the Y motor please?

Hey guys I am having the same or simular problem with my NEJE, I flashed grbl firmware and all is working in other softwares but lightburn I can’t reduce power, I set $30 @1000, bit no change. I also can’t home it at all. I set my power to as low as 0.01% and its burning through table. And when I pause it looks like still high power.

The same with the 0,01% power in my case :hushed: Maybe we will find a solution for this problem in this thread :hugs:

Cheekey :smiley: this should be ok but might jitter errrors on the engraving

Ok now, heres what puzzles me
Your settings are right, but basicly with exception of dithering - which is exected seems you are always at 100%

Unpulg the laser head cable from the laser head
with your multimeter set to 20v dc, run job please
Test Black + White. You sould read a constant voltage of give or take 3v ±
Point being instead of a value going up and down it should be rougly constant at 3v and not a range of values between 0 and 3v

Can you confirm please?
if so, there is an issue with PWM circuit and a board needs replacing
IF you have PWM signal - values ranging from 0v and 3v, then the board at the laser head might need replacement.

REgards

1 Like

that was a good explanation and I am sure that will be the fault! when i’m at home i will test it directly and document everything again :heart_eyes:

1 Like

You will not believe it :open_mouth: 11,24V DC

Black + White
Not white + red

Can you recheck?

But the fact your pwm signal is acting as ground is telling!
Let me buzz engeneers to confirm my suspecions

Meanwhile open a ticket for me at support@ortur.tech please?
Just a brief description and thread link in it should sufice
(I dont come to forum as often as i check tickets)

1 Like

:roll_eyes::face_with_hand_over_mouth: im so sorry

0,78- 0,90V