Topwisdom machine settings to ruida controller

I have a red CM1490 chinese laser
just replaced my topwisdom TL-403CB
with a Ruida 6445s

how do I load the CM1490 machine settings
into lightburn?
I opened the CM140 machine settings in text editor and tried to manually input info,
but running into issues.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Did you try saving the configuration from the Topwisdom and loading into the Ruida…? I assume that controller is supported by Lightburn…

I don’t know if they will directly translate or not. Might have to manually enter the data into Lightburn… I’d try ‘load’ the file in Edit → Machine settings and see if it will load along with correctly…

@JohnJohn might be able to answer this… it’s a good question…

Good luck

:smile_cat:

Unfortunately I never had the topwisdom setup with lightburn software. Only ran the topwisdom with autolaser software. I have the CM1490 machine settings from redsail laser. Opened the file in text editor to read machine parameters but unsure of how some of the settings lineup between the two main boards. This might be very easy, I’m just not that smart. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is it possible to save the redsail file to be opened by lightburn? Will continue trying to enter manually but the decimal seems out of place and not sure the calibration?

CM1490.txt (2.7 KB)
attached is the CM1490.machine file from redsail laser saved as a .txt file.
It contains a list of machine parameters that are slightly different from the lightburn and ruida controller setting names. any help translating this, Iʻve been looking at it for over 4 hours and need a brake.

also have up graded the laser power supply and laser tube…
are there additional calibrations that need to be made in the vender settings?

mahalo nui loa,
lyle

1 Like

None that I know of. The Ruida really doesn’t know or care what it’s ‘driving’. In all probability the hardware should just ‘switch’ out… the actual settings in the configuration might be an issue.

What you need to ensure is the rates for the motors are correct so it ‘steps’ properly…

:smile_cat:

With LightBurn running and connected to the Ruida controller in your device, open the (Edit) Machine Settings and screen-capture the information from the pop up window. There may be a ‘>’ in the last row of your settings. If it’s there, you’ll need to click it and possibly agree to a dire warning to get the rest of the settings.

A screen capture tool is built into your mac; Shift Command 4 should get you the tool.

If the Ruida shipped with any vendor settings they could be close. Lots of folks here have posted 6445 settings so I’d rely on data from others to inform our comparison.

Most factory settings seem to benefit from further refinement and testing. We may get there with trial and error.

Do you know how/what Lightburn uses as a key to assign values from the xml file when loading machine settings?

Just wondering…

sorry Jack
Iʻm super new to lightburn

Thank you everyone for the help
calibration was extremely simple

as usual I was making things more complicated
and over thinking all possibilities

big red CM1490 120w is running great now
just in time to finish a job due next week

can’t wait to install new board in a
blue 1080 150w
and set it up with lightburn

I can’t believe I was using AutoLaser for so long…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.