Travel lines and I am set to $31 to 0, $30 to 1000, and $32 to 1

Because your settings were incorrect before the laser likely wasn’t modulating power correctly.

Getting the intensity of burn that you were getting with a 5.5W laser at 6000 mm/min at 95% is not typical.

So what are the proper settings?

Keep lowering speeds until a mark is achieved. Or start around 600 mm/min and go from there.

I also suggest running a material test as that will give you a broader understanding of behavior.

Thanks! I slowed it down to 1200 and have been getting great results! No travel line.

1 Like

So after 3 day of laser bliss, thanks to your assistance. I a am now getting, “Port Failed to Open Already in use?” I tried unplugging my usb cord an plugging it back in, nothing. My ports match in device manager and lighburn. I’m stumped. In the middle of a piece… :expressionless:

Are you still getting this?

From the last screenshot it looks like you might actually be getting connected after the message appears.

Make sure nothing else is potentially trying to claim the port. Do you have any other programs that use serial connection?

Also make sure that the port hasn’t changed or that you’re attempting to connect to the wrong port.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.