Trim whitespace around an image

Hi guys, I am wondering if there is a way to trim the white space or autocrop an image when it is imported. I have not been able to find this function, but it would make it a whole lot easier for me to size things before engraving if I could do this.

Image cropping and masking are features that are not currently in LightBurn. On our list of things to do as ‘Planned’, just not there yet. :slight_smile:

Thank you! Is there an ETA? Do you know of any workarounds that can be implemented in lightburn to achieve the same outcome? I am trying to avoid using additional software if possible.

The simplest option would be to trace the image and run it as vectors instead, but that assumes that it’s a fairly simple (cartoonish) image, not a photo.

Another option: there is an amazing little secret tool available to a lot of people for some pretty powerful picture editing in a pinch (like removing the background).

PowerPoint (if you have it). Import your photo into a blank slide and play around with those picture editing tools.

The Windows 10 photo viewer can crop photos easily.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.