Unable to connect to COMGO Z1

Check this post and try these remedies:

thank you, I tried all of those with no success…except the $33 setting. the post says to go edit/machine settings but I don’t have any option for $33 that I can find.

Can you enter this into Console and return results?

$$

Hopefully the $33 is listed there.

Also, can you take a full screenshot of LightBurn and attach here?

here you go…tried the $$ in the command line and got nothing

You see where it says “cu.bluetooth-incoming”? Can you click that and then take another screenshot? See if there are any other choices there. If not, basically your computer is not loading the driver for the laser.

And the $$ didn’t return anything because you’re truly not connected to the laser at all.

gotcha. no, there is no other option there. would uninstalling and reloading lightburn do anything? I have not tried that yet.

No. This is a laser installation issue. Lightburn doesn’t supply drivers for the most part.

Did your laser come with instructions for installation that included drivers or a link for drivers?

What version of MacOS are you on?

the instructions are geared toward a PC with instructions for that. All the manual says for a Mac is to use light burn. I am running Catalina…just noticed that I am a couple updates behind.

Catalina should already have the drivers for most usb serial devices already installed.

Can you check if the device is being detected by MacOS?
Apple->About this Mac->System Report->Hardware->USB

Can you take a screenshot of all the information reported in that final USB section?

thanks so much for your willingness to help!!!

That list is oddly sparse. Can you confirm that you’ve turned the laser on? I’m not familiar with the exact behavior of that laser but hopefully there’s some on indicator. Also, can you confirm if the machine goes through a homing cycle after it’s turned on? Does your machine have limit switches?

It is definitely on, it is humming. It has 2 indicator lights, one appears to be when the USB is plugged in and the other is when it is powered on. It does not go through a homing cycle and it does have limit switches

I previously unplugged all the USB devices and tried the different ports with the laser…could explain the sparse list

Did the instructions describe what drivers for Windows were to be installed? Like a name? Might be worth checking to see if that drivers is currently installed on your computer and/or install a different version.

A generally good troubleshooting approach I think when you’re trying to isolate USB issues.

it says CH340 driver…I don’t know how to check and see if that is installed though.

Okay. That’s one of the most common drivers. It should have been installed on your computer but there may be other things going on.

Go to this site:
GitHub - adrianmihalko/ch340g-ch34g-ch34x-mac-os-x-driver: CH340G CH34G CH34X Mac OS X driver

Follow the installation instructions there. It will have you deleting any existing driver. Circle back if something unclear.

I will try that…thanks

By the way, I’m looking at some videos for this laser and it seems that it does have limit switches and can do a homing cycle. It’s supposed to home as soon as you turn it on.

Check out this video:

If yours is not homing then I suspect something else may be going on.

thanks again for all your help the other day!! I believe it is a hardware problem…I am returning it and starting over!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.