Unable to get Lightburn to start burn at set origin

I have not used Lightburn much since getting my new JTech laser and Shapeoko CNC. I was able to burn a couple of things very successfully when I first assembled the Shapeoko. It has taken me a lot of weeks to fettle the CNC machine and have it mill perpendicular to the baseboard. All of that now works fine.

Today, I wanted to use Lightburn and I loaded it up and it mentioned an update. I now have version 0.9.19 installed. The JTech laser is attached to the Carbide router mount centrally, via a magnetic connection. I estimate the laser head to be displaced from the centre of the spindle… in the Y- direction by around 95 ~ 100mm.

My artwork was placed inside a circle of 47.5mm in diameter. My origin was set for the centre of the circle. The burn starts around 50mm further towards the Y- direction so it misses my workpiece. Has something changed in the latest version of software? (perhaps I missed the announcement because I have been away from the forum for a while)

Also weird direction issue… After homing the carriage, the first press on the Y- key takes the carriage some way in the X- direction. Then it will travel in the Y- direction. Also an issue with the 5mm being that sort of gap then jumping quite a large gap then back to 5mm.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

OK, resolved… wrong version GRBL loaded. Apologies

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.