Updated to 9.10 and now I can't burn

Post the file that doesn’t work in 0.9.10 and I can possible figure out why.’

The origin when you first start LightBurn will be wherever your laser’s origin is. LightBurn has nothing to do with it. If your laser has homing switches, that will be where the origin is. If it doesn’t, the origin will be wherever the laser was when it was powered up, less any offsets programmed. You can see programmed offsets by entering #$ into the console and pressing enter.

If you don’t have homing switches, you’ll need to either manually set the origin (jog to the origin and enter G92 X0 Y0) or just use the software in ‘Current Position’ mode.

I am uploading the project that caused the issue. I hope you can see what is going on with it. (It isn’t allowing me to upload it. Seems I am a “new user”. :wink:

I think I have fixed the origin issue. When I enter #$ as suggested, I get “error:1” on the console. I did look at all the setting with $$ and didn’t see anything. What I did do was let it go where it thought X0Y0 was and then I ran this chunk of code:
G10 P0 L20 X0Y0Z0
That seemed to get it reset to where it needed to be. I only have 1 more day before my trial runs out. I hope I can get my testing done yet today to insure all is well. :slight_smile: I really have enjoyed LightBurn and would like to learn more about it. Someday I may even get a real laser. :wink:

Since I can’t upload the lbrn file, I changed its name to be a txt file and opened it in notepad. Here is the XML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> 1 0 0 1 -0.743332 11.7752

I guess that doesn’t work either. :frowning:

I changed your forum settings. You can now upload the LightBurn file.

If you need a bit more time, you can email your trial ID to support at lightburnsoftware dot com and we can extend it.

1 Like

Color Burn Test.lbrn (15.9 KB)
It looks like the forum is going to let me load the lbrn file. :slight_smile: I hope you are able to figure out what happened to this one.

That file opens and previews fine for me in 0.9.10

Just a single line of text set to fill at a 45 degree angle.

Interesting. That is the correct text. The cut angle is 90° off from how it would normally burn. When I try to preview it, It shows me a starting point and won’t play. When I started this project over from scratch, it worked fine. I have two computers set up with LightBurn and it reacts the same on each for me.

FWIW, the path in my preview is 90° off from how the arrows point in the cut settings editor.

Are you set to ‘Absolute Coords’ and does the file exceed the boundary of your workspace? If so, the text is being discarded because it’ll crash the machine.

I’ll have to look at that - The angles might be affected by origin settings.

I am using absolute coords and the area is only 94.88mm X 14.086mm.
Here is what I see when I do a preview:

When I started a new project and did the exact same thing, it worked fine. That is what makes this so odd.

The first ‘C’ is crossing the edge of the page boundary. That’s why it’s not showing.

It isn’t on my screen. I zoomed in and it is right on the line. I used the positioning option after I keyed in the text to put it in the lower left corner. I will move it to see what happens…

When I move it away from the corner, it then shows me the preview. When I select the option to place it back in the lower left corner it does not show the preview any more. Something doesn’t seem to be quite right then with how this positions.

It seems to me there was a setting about warning if you were going to go outside of your machine limits. I get that all the time as I have many burns set to run past what I am burning and that will go out of the cutting area. I don’t worry about it as I do not zero my machine at its actual zero so I know it can easily run past that point.

That is EXACTLY what is happening to me at the minute - only change I made was updating lightburn 9.11 from 9.10 - I’ll try going back to 9.10 to see if it fixes my problem. ummm… how do I reload 9.10?

There is a setting you can use in 9.11 that works great for this. In settings, there is a setting called “Discard out-of-bounds shapes if possible” that you can turn off.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.