Upgrade Camera?

LB, Win10, C3D
I’m currently running a LightBurn 5mp camera with LB mount. The best I’ve managed so far is about 1mm variance on hitting targets. Haven’t really tried to fine-tune the camera.
I’ll have some parts I’ll be engraving soon. Roughly 8x10mm so kinda small. I’ll have to be really precise with the image or it will show. Will it be that much easier on this job to just upgrade my camera to the 8mp or will the 5mp be enough? This will be an ongoing job on these parts so if an upgrade might be needed, I’d rather do it now. I haven’t really tried small targets yet.

Hi, all i did to calibrate mine was, i drew a 25mm vertical line and a 25mm horizontal line and burnt it on a piece of ply i was wanting to use.
Then update the camera background and placed the same image on the screen to match the burnt image on the background.
Use the ‘x’ and ‘y’ shift on the ‘camera control’ to align, it’s quite easy after a couple of attempts.
You should be able to get it within 0.5mm or less.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.