Upgrade to 1.5?

I have version 1.4.05 Lightburn and was told that 1.5 has some additional features. Is this something I can upgrade to?

There’s a public beta of LightBurn 1.5 available here: Public Beta Releases – LightBurn Software

I clicked on the link you sent, then, clicked on "Public Betas can be downloaded from “here”, the page it took me to doesn’t show a download button for the public beta. I assume I did something wrong do to my lack of computer skills, but I don’t know what.

Please keep in mind this is beta, and might have issues - not intended for production usage. With all beta software, caution should be used.

Click the 3-dot menu to the right of the file name (#1), then select download (#2). Once downloaded, double-click to launch the installer. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I started to type a reply out earlier and forgot to finish my thought.

I would wait for the official release if you’re a production shop. While it seems pretty stable so far there are still some things popping up here and there that they’re polishing up.

If you’re just a hobby user, definitely grab the public beta :smiley:

Side note: when you download the file, Google Drive warn about the potential harmfulness of the file (it does that for all executable files, not specifically for this one). You have to indicate you want to download it anyway to get it.

Does this include version include the ability to use autofocus of Gweike Cloud Pro II 55W?

Possibly. If the machine behaves the same way as the OmTech polar then the same approach should work.

Also, at least for the Polar there is really nothing I would consider autofocus. As-in nothing dynamically determines distance from material and stops based on that. I would consider this more automated focus adjustment based on material height. You directly enter material height and the machine will change focus to accommodate that height at the start of thejob.

Use Enable Z-axis, Omtech Polar, and Optimize Z Moves in Edit->Device Settings.

thanks for the quick reply berainlb. are you sure this is the same as the autofocus added to latest 55W Gweike machines? with the new version you no longer have to manually enter the height (i.e. 17mm minus thickness of material) - when using Gweike online or offline software, the lens moves down automatically to touch the surface of the material and calculate the distance

I read here that it might be added to latest version Gweike Cloud Full Autofocus

No. Not at all sure. I’m basing potential similarity on early reports that the machines were likely related and otherwise had similar function and behavior.

The revised method in LightBurn doesn’t require calculating the difference. You enter the material thickness directly and the adjustment made.

If this is probe based and actually touching the material then that’s fundamentally different than the Polar.

If so, that should behave more like typical Ruida probe based auto-focus systems in which case the Omtech Polar Z-axis setting is likely not what you want. But if that were true, you should be able to do that in the current production release. Nothing in 1.5 would be catering ot that directly.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.