USB connection issue with new Mac install

They aren’t setting those numbers, that’s just echoing the values stored in the controller.

This is how LightBurn knows the maximum:

Typing manual S values would require you to be in the correct mode. You’d need to type G1 with a feed rate first, like G1 F100, and then you can use M3 and set an S value. If you aren’t in G1 mode, the S values are ignored because the “spindle” isn’t running during G0 moves, only G1.

I made the settlings change you posted. (I changed the layer pwr level to 52% bc of the way my naked pen holder servo is tied down for test purposes) As it has been the case for my tests thus far, I created a simple 3 object graphic in LB that looks like this: vector objects As such, this is the LB code with the M3 and M5 “placeholders” it generated. LB test gcode_ before.txt (4.5 KB) I then used a “find-and-replace” method to replace them with M3 S133 and S79s so as to move the servo in the right direction in sync. Here’s what the code looks like after modifying it. LB test gcode_ after.txt (4.8 KB) Note the comments I included on the lines I changed/added. In particular, note the first few lines of the code where I had to do a little line-by-line mods in order to guarantee the servo starts out in the default “up” position. Pls let me know if I did it correctly or if there is a better way to do it. Same thing at the end of the code. LB places G1S0 which caused the pen to drop which is not allowed in the case of a pen…

It is not clear to me why I had a problem, but opening and running the modified code in LB did not function smoothly. I ran in to problems with the plot stopping at times after drawing the first object. LB does not have a visual gcode editor like OpenBuild Control (OBC) so I was unable to “see” what was going wrong. I could not find anything in LB’s online manual that explained the operational function of “RunCode” so I left it at that and moved on to trying it in OBC where there is a code editor. OBC also drew the plot in a graphical window too which was helpful.

Nonetheless, aside from having to doctor up a few lines of code by hand at the beginning and end the LB code, the resulting modified code moved the OB transport and servo in sync without a mistake in test after test. I would prefer to run it from LB but I can live with this workflow if it translates well for a complicated graphic. But before that I plan to try importing something simple from Illustrator.That said, if there is a better workflow/method to utilize LB than this method, pls advise. Thx

It streams an existing gcode file to your controller. That’s it.

Not all controllers supported by LightBurn even use GCode - it’s considered a machine specific and transient format.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.