Using keypad to move laser unexpected results

Using Grbl 1.1f , distance .25 in mode , when using the keypad with Numlock ON:
Press the 8 key the Y axis moves as expected. Press 8 again and Y axis moves about 1/2 the first distance. Press 8 again the Y axis barely moves. Press again , no movement.
Press the 2 key and Y axis moves as expected. Press again , NO movement.
Press the 6 key and Y moves and X moves. Press 6 again Y moves about 1/2 distance then no movement.
Press 4 and x moves neg as expected. Press again no movement.
Press 6 again and repeats the full ,1/2 , no movement.
If I alternate between 8 and 4 the Y axis moves back and forth(+ and -)
if I alternate between 4 and 2 I usually get no movement .
some movement change biased on last key pressed.
There are obviously many more combinations but the point is very few are as expected.

I get this same response from 2 different grbl machines using two different computers.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Ok after some experimenting I have determined that apparently I’m the only one on the planet using Imperial measurement. LOL This strange behavior only seems to happen when using imperial. If I switch everything to metric the arrow/number keys work as expected.
In playing with switching back an forth between metric an imperial the Get Position is giving me numbers I don’t understand. Without moving the laser, in imperial get position gives me x:.047 Y:.047. When I switch to metric and press get position I get X:30.41 Y:30 . If I switch back to imperial I get the same numbers as before .047 on both x and y.
Also I should mention I’m using version 9.2 (OZ the one you provided the link to), Windows 10 64 bit.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.