Using lasertree 80w AAPro with OB Blackbox 4x and cant get over 20% power to laser

hi everyone, new to lasers, i have a lead1510 cnc controlled by an openbuilds BlackBox, when operating the laser with openbuilds control i can run through the full range of power, however… when running with Lightburn it looks like its maxing out around 20%.

played round with different setting but can get it to cut anything, its not even making a mark.

Make sure the S-value Max in the Device Settings window matches the $30 parameter. It is typically 1000.

In the Cuts / Layers, Cut Settings window, see if the Max Power (%) is your problem.

1 Like

Does the speed affect the percentage of power, i.e if i speed up will the softwate automatically adjust the laser output?

Can get a lot more power out of the laser at 100% power through openbuilds co trol software via m3 tool on control versus 100% power in lightburn.

Technically, increasing speed will mean less time in a given spot, resulting in less power in a given spot. If you double the speed at a given % power, you will effectively reduce the power to half in that given spot. It is still 50% power.

The exception, where the software adjusts the laser power, is during decelleration (and accel) to prevent over-cooking in the corners. Full oower (sat 50%) would be too much when travel stopped to change diredtion.

To prevent under power at the ends of a raster scan, where you may need full power right up to the edge, you turn Overscan, typically 2.5% or so.

Does this help you get a grasp of how the laser operates?

it does thanks, however i think my issue was a loose wire, i’ve now sorted this and induced another issue, my laser is always on, im seeing a constant 1.6V from my PWM fro the blackbox even with the M3/4 command OFF, should the PWM be 0 volts to turn off the laser oor should there alwys be a voltage there?

In the Cuts window, is Constant Power turned on?

No not turned on

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.