Using Lightburn without connected to laser

Like to find out there is a button/setting so I can use the software and create content without switching on the laser. I have sucessfully launched Lightburn and added a gerbil based K40 but then when I launch Lightburn again it is “waiting” to connect and won’t let me operate the software without connecting the laser.

LightBurn does not require a connection to the laser to use the design features, but it does require that you create a device profile so it knows what settings to show you when you’re creating jobs. If you’ve already created a laser profile, you can just start importing / drawing stuff.

Also when LB not connected to my Ruida - no second laser option available!
I often do projects - on another computer (second copy of LB), on which no laser is connected - then I have no available options for second laser?

At the moment this is true - When LightBurn connects, it reads the info from the laser for what model it is, and figures out the available options from that. We’re going to be changing this to allow users to specify the model.

1 Like

OK, great
Thank You

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.