Version 1.3.01, Y axis will not cut

I’ve been using version 1.3.01 without issues for months. All of a sudden, it will not move along the y axis when i am cutting a file. It works fine when homing or framing. Then when I go to run the file, it only leaves a straight line along the X axis. I’m using an XTool D1 & haven’t made any changes to it. My D1 works fine in XTool’s laserbox basic (will cut a circle for example), so it isn’t a hardware problem. I’ve tried to update Lightburn, but it says I have the current version. I haven’t changed any settings at all in months and have made several successful projects. Can someone point me in the right direction here?

Can you take a full screenshot of LightBurn with the design loaded and ready to burn? Please have Cut and Laser windows in the screenshot please.

Here you go… any ideas? Thank you in advance.

It looks like you may have enabled Z-axis. Go to Edit->Device Settings and disable Z-axis. See if that makes a difference.

Appears to be working! You, sir, are my hero. Thank you very much.
Out of curiosity, what in the screenshot told you that?

Awesome. Glad that got it.

I noticed that Material height was showing in your Cut setting. This would only occur if you had Z-axis enabled and Relative Z-moves only disabled.

Since xTool D1 doesn’t have Z-axis height controls I figured this was unintentional.

3 Likes

:money_mouth_face:

@berainlb is the best!

Legendary.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.