Volunteer testers for upcoming 0.9.21 release?

We already have the ability to cut shapes using another shape. Look here: Cut puzzle using 'Cut Shapes' - YouTube

1 Like

You should update the machines in your profile - it still says 3018.

1 Like

For anyone who’s actually tried it already, please post that you have so I know. The point of having people try it is to get feedback that it’s working, and so far I’ve only heard back from two or three people of more than 50.

I’m always up for Testing software. It will force me to use my machines more often, I currently only use them once a week or so.

For what OS?

5 posts were split to a new topic: Framing in 0.9.21 on Mini Gerbil

windows 10 64bit

I would love to test this new version.
aclv@comcast.net

Have not checked is it happening in release:

pressed frame
while laser was moving I pressed Run expecting to be queued
laser become frozen

Ruida in ATMSolutions C02 PRO35 MINI

Except that - working as expected

I assume you mean you pressed ‘Start’? In LightBurn?

Oops
Windows 10 64bit

LightBurn 0.9.21, built Sat 2021-03-13 @ 22:46
My connection via ethernet or WiFi needs to be refreshed often with control click on the “Devices” button.

MacBook Pro 13; OS11.2.3. Works better with Wifi than ethernet. That may be due to the “dongle” to go from USB-C to ethernet when WiFi is native.
Ruida controller OM Tech 50w CO2 laser.
AT&T 5268AC Pace router.
Laser plugged into ethernet. Tried plugging directly into controller instead of using the installed ethernet cable from controller to the “socket” on the side of the machine.

The new system shouldn’t require the right-click trick. The re-connection happens automatically whenever you start a job.

I would love to test the new features please.

Windows 10 64bit an a Ruida 6445g controller

I can test it out. Using lightburn om several different machines. 3 Windows and 1 Mac.
From Ruida to gcode.

I do I sign up for testing? Sounds like you are hitting some of the issues I have been facing, like using multiple devices, I.e. more than one laser and or additional routers. Win 64.

Yes Oz, this is the same post, but the “Save and Save as” selection does not add the .lbn file extension until I select the .lbn2 in the drop down box and then select the .lbn extension from the drop down box.
Select “Save As”

In other words:
Enter a File Name
Try selecting the legacy file extension “save as type” from the drop down menu. It does not add the .lbn extension to the file name.

Select the new file extension (.lbn2) “save as type”. It adds the .lbn2 file type to the file name. After selecting the .lbn2 file type initially, it will then let me select the .lbn file type from the drop down menu and add .lbn to the file name.

Unfortunately I don’t control that behavior - it’s a Windows file dialog. The extension is added “live” if you change the file type selector, but whether you do that or not, LightBurn will append the appropriate extension if you don’t provide one.

Sono interessato a testare la nuova versoone.
Windows 10 64bit, controller Ruida 6442, collegamento in rete.

I would like to try it

thanks

Dave Tringo