Weld Vector and Image

I’m trying to take an image and then cut it in the shape of a vector. I have not been able to use any of the Boolean functions other than “Weld all selected” and that just subtracts the entire image.

What you are looking to do is to crop the image to a shape. In LightBurn this is not currently possible, however it is planned for the future. You need to do this in an external program then import the cropped image into LightBurn.

Too bad. What I wanted to do was take specific colors and let Lightburn dither them and then I could use them for specific sections of multi-vector jobs by combining them. Does that make any sense?

Yeah. I think it’s on the list of things to do, to make us able to raster-fill vector shapes. I don’t know how high on the list it is though.

You can just use the source image as an image, then use a trace overlaid on it to do the cuts, you just can’t directly manipulate the image content in LightBurn.

For example, I’ve traced this image, and used the blue layer to outline a few features for definition, then the red line to cut out the final shape, while using a really low resolution newsprint dither for the image itself:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.