What cooler should I buy?

I am getting frustrated with the noise of the CW5000.
As soon as I have a bit of time I will take the machine apart and see if I can put some low noise fans in.

It is the loudest part of my laser setup.

1 Like

I am very interested in your experience with dimming this noise generator.

I will keep you updated! :smiley:

Keep an eye on the temperature. Other fan may not cool just as much. You could also consider putting. The cooler inside a sound proof enclosure. But don’t forget to add a way to get the heat in and out.

I have a 5200, and I feel likewise. If you can figure out the cmf you could probably find a lower noise fan. The problem could be that it needs the airflow and that’s a major source of the noise…?

Sounds good, but putting a refrigeration unit that produces heat enclosed into something that is sound proof is also probably pretty ‘air’ proof. Want to add air ducting to the ‘sound proof’ enclosure so it can operate and not overheat?

IMHO… Bad combination.

:smiley_cat:

I understand what you are saying. But putting it in a sounddamping enclosure doesn’t mean it has to be fully enclosed. For noise proofing material, there is isolating material and sound absorbing material. If you use the latter you can limit the sound by adding it around the cooler without closing of the box. If course it doesn’t limit the sound as good as a fully enclosed box, but it does help.

i have 80W Kh7050 with CW3000, after 25min work 15mm/45% temperature is on 30`C, i need to replace soon as possible to CW5000.

Those CW3000 machines should be made illegal. They are called coolers but they really are only a heat dissipater. I can imagine an 80W machine quickly heating the water without active cooling. Hopefully it’s a really good tube and running over 25C didn’t harm it much.

yes,cw 3000 is waste of money. tomorrow cw5000 at home :wink:

1 Like