What Degree for the camera would be best?

I looked through the forum- I am new to all this. I am about to order the camera but I can’t decide what is the best one for the Machine I ordered. I was thinking the 140 degree…but I just don’t know enough. Below is the engraver I ordered off of amazon. Thanks for input and help.

Orion Motor Tech 50W Co2 Laser Cutter Engraver, 12" x 20" Laser Engraving & Cutting Machine for Wood, Glass, Leather, Acrylic, Paper etc. with Rotary Device

I would say wait until it arrives and you can measure it, or if someone else has the same machine with a camera already installed, use their recommendation. I don’t know the right for this machine off hand.

I was thinking about using my logitech c922 with light burn- any problems with doing this?

If you’re using a Mac it’ll be fine. If you’re on Windows it won’t use the full resolution of the camera until our next release, which will include a completely re-written camera system for the Windows version.

Any idea on when that will / would be? I’d hate to buy a camera if I can use mine in lets say a month? Or if it’s longer then i guess I would have to buy it now

This work has been done and is currently going through our internal testing process. LightBurn does not commit to a date certain for our software releases, as things come up and we will only release when we are confident in the release.

1 Like

Thanks Rick, I really appreciate it. I am trying to use the camera system to get CLEAR quality so I can position images on the small faces of dice and engrave them. So crisp images is a must for me to reduce the waste of practice dice.

If you’re doing the same thing over and over, wouldn’t it be better to make a jig?

Yeah, essentially a jig is needed regardless. But a camera I think would help me line up the image exactly. I am sorta learning as I go

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.