What do the 'timeout' messages mean in the consol log

XTool D1 Pro 20w
I’m getting a lot of timeouts as shown in the console log. It’s very noticable as my laser will stop for a second and then start again. I would like to know why, since starting and stopping hundreds of time in one engraving results in a much longer timeframe to complete the project. Any idea on what could be causing it? It doesn’t happen all the time, but enough that it concerns me. Could it be overheating or something? I’ve copied a few of the console messages from my run below.

[xTool D1Pro:ver 40.31.006.01 B2]
Starting stream
Layer Cabin #3
M8 N1
[MSG:Pgm End]
time out 1s
time out 1s
time out 1s
time out 1s
time out 1s

Mine just starting doing this also. Xtool d1 pro 20w using lightburn. If it does it several times it halt the job and the laser will say busy and there is nothing you can do.

‘M8 N1’ might be an error message thrown by the XTool controller - Do you normally see that message?

Maybe contact XTool to see what it means - it could be motor driver issue?

If you run the same job at 0% power , or with the power to the laser module disconnected to you get the same issue? (Might be related to power interactions)

If you reduce the engraving speed significantly do you get the same issue? (The motor driver chip might be glitching due to overheating?)

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.