What is happening over night?

Hi, I run fine one day, shut everything down… and the next day I can not connect??? What is going on?

Windows update is my guess.

Sorry, on a MacBookPro

There’s a thread with a beta version of the next version which might work better. look for 0.9.24 and try that.

Thanks Doug, I will see if I can find it…

Maybe post to that thread your results as I think they are looking for feedback on Mac connectivity specifically. Just found the forum thread - Updated to 0.9.23 and cannot send jobs to laser - #74 by LightBurn

We have released a patch for the issues raised, and announced here:

Please try that and then post your feedback to the thread @DougL shared so we can track any new issues, but this update should resolve this issue.

Well… it happed again today… just when I thought I was done waisting time… Im about fed up with this… I guess I just have to leave my laser on 24-7 so I don’t lose connection??? What should I do now…

Are you connecting with USB? You shouldn’t - MacOS includes a driver that is known to conflict with the one used by the Ruida, and it can result in the port locking up. Get the $30 Ethernet adapter from Apple and run a network cable from the Mac to the laser. It’s not horrible to set up, it avoids the driver issues, and it transfers about 3x faster too.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.