What is this and what can I replace it with?

Correct, it is a $200 board for a $350 laser cutter. That’s how we make money so that we can do things like pay our workers.

If cost is a concern, I’m sure other people can suggest some other options to you.

Cheers,
Ray

I’m not going to be recommending anything cheaper, that’s for sure. Bite the bullet, get the C3D board. Or go get a Ruida from China for about $250 with a PSU, and wait 3 months to get it, and come back here for support since you won’t get any from China.

1 Like

With respect, Rustedancient, the $350 k40 laser you bought it really a piece of junk in the overall scheme of lasers. Chinese stuff at the bottom of the quality scale is cheap for a very good reason.

There is quality Chinese stuff also- but you will pay for that.

If you bought Ray’s $200 upgrade you’ll have a far better machine, probably worth more than the $550 you’ll have spent.

Or as Blake says, buy a Ruida controller for $250 or more, and fit that- your learning curve in installing and setting it up will be sizeable however.
You’re not going to get quality stuff without paying for it!

Have fun deciding on your best options! :wink:

Need a little help.
Tried to order but when i hit the submit button, screen dimmed and went nowhere.
now what???

Looks like a small problem.
Ordering does not work.
A trouble-ticket seems to go NOWHERE.
A PHONE NUMBER with a LIVE PERSON sure would help.

Here is what I have found living life so far:

“It’s unwise to pay too much, but it’s worse to pay too little.

When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that’s all. When you pay
too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you
bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The
common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a
lot - it can’t be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well
to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will
have enough to pay for something better.”

― John Ruskin Economist 1819-1900

Some things never change even 120 years later

What are you trying to order and where are you trying to order from?

Where are you creating a “trouble-ticket”?

Why are you yelling at us? We are here to help you.

1 Like

they don’t really want to sell any.
I was ordering from https://cohesion3d.com/.

Tried twice, was afraid I would wind up with two.
tried again later, once again, it dd not go thru.
Even the trouble tick did not go anywhere.
ARE they a real company???

Randy, Cohesion3D is a real company - with real products, designed-tested-sold and supported by real humans with a real web site and support forum of their own. They also have real hours of operation, as they are not robots and need sleep like all of us.

And I will ask you again, please, why are you yelling?

You are posting to the support forum for a completely different and independent enterprise. We are LightBurn and I politely ask you to please take it down a notch. There is really no need as we are right here and willing to help you if we can.

3 Likes

Hi Randy,

I replied to your email, I will also paste the response here:

Please note that we are available for contact via email, and all support is done through our forum, not over the phone.

I checked, and there is no record of an order from you hitting our system at all. If there was a payment issue or something like that, I would be seeing the order (attempt) at least show up in the system with the relevant information as to what is going on.

Perhaps this is related to the browser you are using or if you are running an ad blocker? Chrome should work well.

If you can provide screenshots and those details we can look into it further.

Now, we need to discuss expectations. I hope you find that we are nice people that try to be helpful. However, there is absolutely no tolerance for drama or raising a fuss.

We always encourage that our customers have a tinkering and problem solving mindset to be able to work through the learning curve and any unexpected challenges that can come up. Part of this is having patience and the ability to work through problems in a methodical manner.

If you are already raising a fuss because you were having trouble placing the order and we didn’t get back to you immediately (as it seems you might currently be doing on the LightBurn forum), then we are not the right fit for you and I would encourage you to take your business elsewhere. On the flip side, if you do want to calmly, politely, and patiently work with us, we will get along well and will be happy to help.

Cheers,
Ray

4 Likes

I feel like folks don’t understand why we don’t publish phone numbers, so I’ll try to explain:

(Snipped, and moved into a FAQ entry):

6 Likes

Another reason why LightBurn does not cost $495

Thank you for all you do I agree with your explanation 100%

I appreciate you and your AWESOME team

Sasquatch

If this person is this difficult before ordering anything you will be better off not having them as a customer.

I have the Laserboard in my K40. Absolutely worth the cost. The irony of you complaining about the cost of the board when being cheap already bit you in the a$$ already shows that you have learned nothing. Quality products cost money, period. Be happy that there are people like Cohesion3D and LightBurn that take these crap quality products and turn them into something actually useful.

The only reason you are here is likely because the company you bought the PoS laser from isn’t helping you with the pile they sold you.

Are you complaining about the software, or the controller itself? What are you actually trying to accomplish?

I’ve found LightBurn to be very responsive to e-mail requests. Also, the forums and tutorials are great, and I almost always find info regarding what I’m trying to do that either solves the issue or points me in the right direction. Thanks for providing a quality product at a reasonable price, and supporting it so well.

You can get the mini gerbil board works with lightburn i been using it for the last 8 months with no problems. https://awesome.tech/product/mini-gerbil-2-axis-controller-for-k40-laser-cutter/

Do you know of something cheaper?( Yes, I know, thats how I got here)
That cost is real close to what paid for the complete machine.

There’s a fallacy in that. I do industrial automation and sometimes a customer will want me to do upgrades or repairs to a manufacturing machine, sometimes one they purchased used. Sometimes I’ll tell them what it will cost to put the machine right and they’re hesitant, based on the ratio with the cost of what they paid for the machine used. “I picked up the machine used for $5K, how can you charge me $20K to put it in order??” But that actually makes no sense. If they paid $10K for a used machine, is it reasonable to assume that it will need more or less work to be in good condition than a similar machine that went for $50K used? Obviously more.

1 Like

This is awesome software at a reasonable price. I can’t thank you enough for this community that you have set up. I believe you have the attitude that a rising tide lifts all boats and we are all in this together. I have found this forum and your company a top notch business. Keep up the great work and let’s do this as a community that get along (like you stated).

So thank you again.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.