When using rotary image is inverted in Y axis

Small problem, I am most likely overlooking something but when using my rotary the image looks correct in the camera overlay but engraves in reverse in the Y axis. I can correct by mirroring in that axis but Id like to figure out what I am missing or what setting I my need to change. LB 8 mp cam ruida controller and all specs listed in bio. The rotary is a three wire chuck type

You may need to flip your rotary 180° on the bed (or rewire the rotary’s motor). I elected to rewire my rotary’s motor because I preferred the orientation on my rotary the way it was.

Jeff the image is mirrored front to back on the Y axis I may be missing something but turning the rotary 180 would change the X axis would it not? The Route 66 is the image
I have a three wire rotary will swapping two of the three wires work?

!

@Ram48,

Let me illustrate:

Here I have a job set up to apply to the rotary. Some side notes - I have Rotary enabled, I set my job origin to top center (with respect to the artwork making it easier to position on my object in the machine), and to start from current position.

The way I prefer my rotary orientation is pictured here (and as such I created my design to this same orientation)

The resulting work comes out as expected (no mirroring).

If I prefer my Rotary to be turned the other way in the machine:

Then I would think to make my design like this, right:

But, because my stepper motor controlling the Y axis is wired opposite, I would get a mirror on Y:

The Y mirror is exactly what I am getting with my chuck set on the left side, (just like it was on my other Bodor) I guess I will either need to set it up on the right or figure out how to wire it to work correctly from the left side. Is there a way to do that with a three wire rotary? I found how to with a four wire but that is of no help to me.
Thanks for the visual on the rotary, my way of thinking about it would not let me work through that

Hey, I know what you are going through. Trust me because I was in your shoes, so I am happy to help the next person. I too have a three wire / three phase stepper. I think these posts will help you:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.