Why is my laser not working

The focus test only works if you have Z control enabled. It runs multiple lines at different heights so you can visually see where the best focus height is for your machine.

There isn’t a setting in the current release to show the running GCode, but the next version adds it. You can just use the Save GCode button to save what LightBurn would send to a file.

Okay thanks, so you know when the next update is? Also I was wondering if y’all plan on adding a tape measure so that you can measure different things with in a project. Again just wondering, even if y’all would make that a separate perches for that feature I for one would buy it as that’s very handy.

We do not provide release dates, things can change along the way and we won’t release until we are confident in the new update. :slight_smile:

Please explain what you are looking for here. LightBurn currently has the ability to measure things using the ‘Draw Lines’ tool. Use the pen mode to draw a line. If you’re near an object point when you start, it’ll snap to that point. As you drag the line out, you’ll see the length in the bottom status bar, along with the X distance and Y distance. If you get close to another object point or center, the line being dragged will snap to that too. When you have the measurement you want, hit the ESC key (or right mouse button) to cancel the line.

Or, if you are looking for a 'Dimensioning" tool, have a look at this post.

Ya that does work but I would prefer to be able to click on one end and anywhere else and it shows the measurements and doesn’t go away till I click on it and delete it but still never effecting the program, AutoCad has feature that I’m thinking about if you’re familiar with with that software here’s a picture of what I mean to help explain

I really like this method I would personally use this a ton, my buddy uses it all the time very helpful

That’s a dimensioning tool, not a simple measurement tool. It’s planned. It’s worth noting that LightBurn isn’t CAD, and AutoCad costs thousands of dollars - there are going to be a few things missing. :slight_smile:

Ya true, but I figured I would asked even if it was a annual cost to have the ability assuming your trying to keep the cost of your software down, like I said would be a add on and pay every month or year however you choose

Like I said I would definitely pay the $40 extra a year or month to have that ability, and sense it is a add on feature you wouldn’t have to rase the cost and honestly, thinking out loud you would wind up making more sense it’s not a one time payment like your software, again just a thought :joy:

Hey another stupid question or problem that I ran into, I know it’s something stupid simple but I’m lost, here’s me trying to explain :joy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQqDTzSyRwk&feature=share

Now the one thing I failed to mentioned in the video is that I did that square frame button by the home and it would outline the part but when I would go to try and run the part it alarms out.

It would be useful to know what’s in that macro. And what you’re trying to do with the macro is what Absolute Coords does for you already. You just put the job on screen exactly where you need it to go, and it’ll put the laser there, every time.

Did you read this? The link inside takes you to our voting site where you and place you support adding this feature.

I’m lost man :joy: I don’t see where you cast your vote

It’s just the location on the board and G00 telling it to rapid over there. But my question is why won’t it go to job Origin? It’s in the machine range, the origin is not out of bounds, I just ran out of ideas of what I’m doing wrong. I don’t have any problems with current location, I just prefer to use job origin, as it would make it more efficient.

This is the direct link. Go there, sign up and then you can vote. :slight_smile:

Ya I’m in but lost :joy: it just looks like a big discussion

Okay I found the tab for voting, I was wondering where the boxes where to vote not realizing it was those arrows

It’s not real obvious how to add a vote. It took me a while the first time…

Ok :+1: lol I don’t feel like a idiot now :joy:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.