Will not ghange from router motor to laser

i have a 3018 pro that when you type in $$ for settings there are no settings from $27 to $100. cannot change setting from router motor to laser. resulting in all burns using line setting continue burning on traverse moves.

Same problem when you go to machine settings?

does the same in lightburn or grbl. thought it was the control board and bought another. still no luck.

You have an old version of GBRL.
Missing $30, $31, and $32 - LightBurn Hardware Compatibility - LightBurn Software Forum

it says grbl-m3 (1.1er or earlier) new. missing all settings between $27 to $100

I have 1.1h works fine

will let my son take it from here. a lot more tech savvy than i am . thanks for all your help. Dale

1 Like

Try GRBL not GRBL-m3 when setting up device in LB

on the console it shows 0.9 version. will try to upgrade firmware.

Other machines:email:

If you aren’t sure how to configure your machine, there are some simple steps to take that can help. First, figure out which firmware you’re running. In LightBurn, when you first connect to the machine, the console window will usually show a ‘hello’ message from the controller. For Smoothieware boards it’s just “Smoothie”. For Grbl, it will be “Grbl 1.1f [$ for help]” or similar - this tells you it’s Grbl, and which version. Machines using Grbl 1.1f or later will support the M4 variable power command, and just use the “Grbl” driver in LightBurn. Grbl 1.1e or older (Grbl 1.0, Grbl 0.9, etc) must use the Grbl-M3 device in LightBurn.

got another control board that has 1.1f. installed it and changed the $32 setting that now is visible. changed all needed settings to run laser. fan on top of laser runs but now there is no laser power on the fire or when program is sent to run.

What is s value set to in device settings? What is $30 set to in gbrl settings?

device setting s value 1000 and $30=1000

You have the control wire on the right pin?

3 pin plug for laser to female plug on board. 12v pin -pwm pin-grd pin

I know not all lasers are wired in same order. Some have had to switch wires around. Is this laser made for your machine?

3018 PRO - Setting up your laser - YouTube

original was a two wire. bought a little larger 3 wire. old board had spots for 2 or 3 pin lasers. this board has only 3 pin socket. old board fired on both lasers just burned on the traverse also . this board does nothing. put old board back on and laser fired okay. hooked new board back up and no laser firing. red wire hooked to 12v.- middle wire black hooked to pwm,- white wire hooked to grd.

Pins at board and laser should be labeled.

wires at laser go straight into module. plug end is color coded red, black, white,in that order. socket is labeled 12v, pwm, grd. red hooks to 12v pin, black hooks to pwm pin, and white hooks to grd. pin

Typically black would be the ground wire.

Can you take a photo of the 3018 controller connector as well as the connector on the laser module?