Won't Frame after switching back from rotary

Hi all,

I hope someone can help as I’m currently going insane trying to figure out what’s wrong!

I have the Ortur Laser Master Pro and alls been good burring onto flat surfaces etc. I have just dabbled with the Ortur rotary device and after much learning also managed some great results.

However… switching back to to default lasering! I’m getting all tied up with LightBurn and the error codes etc., I’ve even deleted all files and loaded afresh to try and get it all sorted but to no avail… being a typical bloke… asking for help doesnt come naturally but its either this group saves my should or the whole things going out of the window!

Anyway… all appears normal, everything setting wise looks good, but the damn thing just won’t frame!
I get the following console message…
[MSG: Flame detector active,Ambient infrared value:4087]
Grbl 1.1f [’$’ for help]
[MSG:’$H’|’$X’ to unlock]
error:9
G-code locked out during alarm or jog state.

Ive unlocked and also disabled the flame sensor $261=0 but keep getting the same message whenever I try and Frame or burn…
The device homes perfectly and even deleting and reloading the laser has no effect on the same message as soon as I try and frame.

I’m using version 1.0.06 and using a MacBook OS Montery…

any help greatly appreciated… best regards Lee

I’m guessing you don’t have the latest firmware installed for your laser.

What’s likely happening is that Ortur for some of the lasers used a non-standard value to enable homing of $22=43. But LightBurn puts this to $22=1 when reenabling. Apparently this has been fixed on later firmwares.

Try setting $22=43. Then rehome and retest.

If that doesn’t work try resetting to default values by issuing in Console:

$RST=*

That should clear it up in most cases.

Hi,

Many thanks for the response… I had started to update the firmware in desperation between our posts.

When purchased the Ortur last year I believe a firmware update was available then but as I only gave macs… I seem to remember only being able to do so on windows at the time given the bin file not unpacking or something similar.

Thankfully I managed to update from 1.52 to 1.57 and everything is now hunky dory again :+1:

I really appreciate your reply and confirmation it was something within the settings and not something I was doing (makes a change)… hopefully this firmware update will also stop the disconnected message that I used to get randomly! Still a bit reluctant to connect bacteria to the rotary settings just in case I get another 1/2 day of headaches…

Many thanks again
Lee

You should be able to reconnect rotary and change settings. Do one thing as a precaution. Take a full backup of the settings in Machine Settings. In that case you can always revert back the full set.

Also, doing a $RST=* will reset to good default for Ortur machines.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.