Work space not matching project size

Currently doing a project that is 100mm x 100mm but on lightburn in order to make it fit I have to do 87mm x 40mm. Why are the sizes not matching? I’d every time I try and start a project it says it will cut outside of work area.

Maybe you have to check the stepmm of both axis, in LB you have to go in edit-machine settings and you find a button called calibrate axis. If 87mm was the length in X you have to write 100 in requested and 87 in actual, then press write, same thing on Y

Has this worked previously?

If so, what changed?

:smiley_cat:

1 Like

Or maybe you have switched to Inches from mm… or to mm from inches

A Mismatched (non-idential) axis is often a result of using and then not using a rotary engraver and forgetting to shut it off.

In the lower right corner of the main screen in LightBurn an ‘Enabled Mode(s): Rotary’ message appears to remind folks when the rotary mode is enabled.

If this message is not present, I would then look at the Machine Settings in the Console window to ensure that the controller is handling the x axis and y axis identically.

The inches vs mm concern would cause identical scaling problems on both axes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.