Wrong Size after extension of Ortur LM2 Pro

I have recently changed the size of my Ortur LM2 Pro from the stock size to 80mm in the Y direction. I have changed the sizes within Lightburn to reflect the change. After drawing a 400mm x 800mm rectangle within the software, lightburn informs me I am out of the working area every time I try to frame the box. I checked to make sure I was within bounds on the screen and I am. I then drew a smaller box, within the lower 400mm half and framed that and it framed with no problem. I then moved the box to the top half of the 800mm and it says I am out of bounds and refuses to frame

. This, even though my screen reflects the 400x800 working area.
Any ideas anyone?

This applies to you. Note that instead of the 850 in the post you’ll need to use 800.

Many thanks for your reply, however, yes, I’ve checked that and still no go!
Any other thoughts anyone?

Can you run these commands in Console and return output?

$H
$I
$$
$#
?

Note that the first command will home the laser so be ready for it.

You should have received an instruction manual with the extension kit but in case you didn’t here’s a scan with instructions to change a setting in the machine configuration so it knows it’s now got 800mm in the Y direction.

You should be able to do this in LightBurn even though the instructions show using LaserGRBL.
Hope this helps.

Many thanks. I have already done that. Really not sure what else to do.
Regards
Merv

Ok, sorry, I should have seen the same info in an earlier referenced post. I’ve got the same extension but didn’t have any problems, although I don’t have the full 800mm because of the Z-lifter attachment. Perhaps @OrturTech can help?

Did you see my earlier post asking for you to run and return output of certain commands?

Do this for me
In console type
$i
press enter, send output
Then $RST=*
press enter
$131=800
press enter
Rehome and retry going to Move → 200X 500Y GO

Many thanks to you all for giving me ideas as to what the problem was. As many of you pointed out, $131 wasn’t set to 800. The problem is, when you try to read the instructions that arrive with the extension kit, the writing is so small that I couldn’t see what was written. The whole disassemble and assemble was done by working it out from memory, as they were impossible to read.
So in short, many thanks to you all.
Merv.

I have the same lifter, but I don’t seem to have any loss of real-estate.
Maybe I have the lifter attached higher. Additionally, I have also made up a magnetic attachment device to attach and detach the laser for cleaning and also for fitting a more powerful 20w laser from Laser Tree.

That’s odd. Mine came with a plate that moves the ‘Y’ axis home switch up by about 20mm so you lose that much from the ‘Y’ axis travel. I remember seeing some instructions when I installed it saying that you need to reduce the available travel but I can’t find them now.

I actually made some extension pieces to give me back what I’d lost but I didn’t put them back when I installed the 800mm extension kit.

Depends mostly on the module you are running with
And the adapter is only 10mm
However if you add a LU2-10 + a ZLD then you are starting to eat up on the Y lenght

Ok, I thought it was more but it’s been a while since I installed it!

I am running a Laser Tree 20W unit, that is pretty large. I have had to to stick blocks of card onto the limit switches to stop it crashing into the frame. Hey Ho! penalties of not buying a complete unit…
Many thanks to everyone that sent helpful replies.

you can always move the Y bracket forward instead of the blocks.
Readjust belt tension and voilá