X Tool D 1 Pro losing connection to laptop

Hello,
Ive been running my laser for about 6 months now. The first month or so went fine, then I updated lightburn to latest, 1.4 or whatever and it would suddenly not complete jobs in the 1 hour range. So i checked everything ( USB sleep and ran the file through XCS and it worked) so i determined it was Lightburn, went back to the older version - problem solved.

Fast forward 4 months

I ran a 1 hour file Sunday, worked fine, went to run the same file Tuesday - and it lost connection about 45 minutes in. Tried to save it and couldnt line it up correctly - and lost it. Ever since then, I cannot run a long file. I replaced the USB cord, I tried running XCS today and it lost connection late again. So i believe the issue isnt with Lightburn. The ONLY other thing I can think of is something having to do with the latest of the insane number of Windows updates???

I am at a loss and completely frustrated. I ran the full file earlier today and it worked fine so i thought i solved it. Ran a bunch of coasters - all worked. Tried to run the longer file just now and connection lost.

If anyone can please help me, that would be great!

I dont understand why when seemingly nothing changed, it wont stay connected. The disconnection now seems to happen at random times.

What would cause the machine to stop working correctly seemingly out of nowhere? Im going crazy. PLEASE Help

Your power plan might have had changes with windows update. It may have enabled the USB sleep settings. It’s a power saving feature that suspends the USB drives if it doesn’t detect power usage. Try to disable that as a start.

Thanks for your response

I went through and changed all that, I am using Windows 11 Pro apparently and it doesnt have a specific drop down menu for USB suspend

You can disable the USB Selective Suspend in the device manager.

1-Right-click on Start and select Device manager
2-Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers
3-In this list, there are usually quite a few USB Root Hubs and USB controllers. Unless you know exactly which one your device is plugged in to, then you will need to perform this change on every hub and controller listed here
4-Right click a Root Hub and click properties
5-Select the “Power Management” tab.
6-Uncheck the “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” setting and click OK.
7-Repeat as needed for the other USB Root Hubs/controllers.

Found this method on a forum about the option not being in power settings.

Otherwise; you can use wifi and not worry about it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much!

I was searching the internet and on the X Tool website, they give you some instructions to go through to check any of the possible issues.

I disconnected the wire harness and ran the project, and it worked fine. So I think my problem is the laser module itself ( according to their checklist)

So I emailed them, hopefully they get back to me quickly and I get this resolved.

I will keep you updated, thank you

Good luck with their support.

UPDATE

I contacted X Tool support and they sent me out a new laser module and everything is working again!

Something happened with the old laser module (who knows what)