YALCM (Yet Another Lightburn Camera Mount)

That is a nice mount, but you do not really need anything complicated or adjustable

This is what I made in about 5 minutes and it works perfectly on the 1420. And since it does not move that is one less way it can lose alignment.

I used some UV epoxy to glue the camera board to the acrylic.

1 Like

Chris’ swivel design was a bonus for my machine because it allowed me to get the camera parallel to the cutting bed. It resulted in less distortion for the camera to have to correct.

Wayne, you can buy powered/amplified USB cables for that longer length.

1 Like

Wayne,

I am not sure who you were directing your question to, but if you meant me, no, I am not selling the mounts - the files are included here somewhere which you could easily cut yourself and the nuts and screws are easily available and cheap to buy. It would cost more to ship than the material to build it yourself.

2 Likes

where did you get the “phone” mount (i think it is)

Thanks
Wayne

It’s from natomounts.com.

@Sparkman Thanks for the design. Just what I was looking for. Except I will be building it out of wood. I don’t have the acrylic available to me, and I am not going to buy any. And since I am a woodworker, there is no reason not too. Thanks.

Nothing wrong with dead tree carcasses. Tip - if you have a plastics supply place nearby sometimes they will let you pick through the cut off bin and you would be surprised what you can find. :wink:

@Sparkman There isn’t crap around here. I have to travel an hour just to get to a woodworking store. I have lots and lots of wood.

Very nice design. I am new to this and am awaiting my laser to arrive. I will be ordering a camera also soon after. I would love to have your design as the first project to cut. THANKS

I’d love to have the file!

CameraMount.lbrn (98.8 KB)

1 Like

CameraMount (1).lbrn (97.3 KB)

Sparkman, i had a litle piece to fix at the embase to solidify the structure =)

I utilized Allen’s design on acrylic. If you have a boss laser it’s very a very good design and fits the handel perfectly. I don’t have the camera up and running yet because the cable management clips haven’t arrived. I’ll be excited to get the camera going and start using light burn, currently I run RD and I really don’t have problems with it, but the camera support is needed on projects so LB could change the game for us.

1 Like

Hey Sparkman like your design, but don’t like the cable clamping so I hope you don’t mind I modded it up to use a Cable tie to hold the cable. It can be on either end, 2 small cuts to put cable tie through and a cutout for the cable in the piece on top and also small cutout for the cable tie to sit in in the back of the box. Ha I haven’t actually cut this yet but it should work, I’ll upload the file when I figure out how. Cheers
Try this https://www.dropbox.com/s/2q6g3z5b49e6s72/CameraMountBK.lbrn?dl=0

Hi, do you have a picture of the finished mount incl. camera and cable?

Ha Sorry mate I haven’t cut it yet, my camera hasn’t arrived from china stuck in transit, it could be a while with the virus shutting everything down. Hopefully its not to bad where you are. Here in NZ we’ve been very lucky and responsive to the threat, so we are in a good state compared to many. I will post some pics when I’ve done it. Cheers

@Sparkman Thank you for the camera mount assembly. I just downloaded it. The photos look great!

Quick question, what sizes of screws did you use?