Z Axis upgrade does not chage direction?

Just upgrade my Z Axis for autofocus. Only have the new stepper and drive installed. Doing some initial tests before introducing the autofocus probe and limit switch.

I can only get the Z axis to drive in one direction? Are there setting I need to adjust?

The probe switch acts like a limit switch, so it’s probably on all the time, preventing Z from moving “toward” the probe.

Haven’t yet connect the probe switch or limit switch. Just trying to do some pre-tests to make sure the Z-axis travel is correct and it will only go in one direction…

If you have enabled the direction limits, they’re usually set to detect a switch and stop when the switch is deactivated (called a normally closed switch) as this is safer - if the switch malfunctions, the axis will stop immediately instead of never. I would check that first.

haven’t enabled. Where do I find this setting? Now have limit switches installed.

It will be in Edit > Machine Settings, near the bottom of the Vendor Settings area in the Z axis settings. One is called Limit Trigger (enable that), and you might also need to change the Limiter Polarity.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.