1.3.00 Frame button doesn't work

Here you are. I have the green selected for NO OUTPUT so that it will only frame what I am needing.

You’re saying that if you enable Output for the green C11 layer that even if you have only selected the objects on the black C00 layer that framing will cover all objects on screen?

If so, that’s a bit surprising. Does that change if you enable “Use Select Origin”?

Yes, That is exactly what I am saying . If I left the green as output enabled, but not selected when framing or for sending to the laser, that it would frame the entire grid, where objects are on the screen and it is like I am sending it all to the laser to be cut, even when I am not. IF I do not change it to another layer & turn output off, it will. I know… its crazy.
I have the green set to NO OUTPUT as I do not want them to cut. If I used the cut layer for all and only selected the two that are shown (in black) it would still frame and cut all that was on the grid. If I am using a sheet for multiple projects, I like to leave what has been cut where it is so that will know where I have space to cut my material.

I have not tried with “Use Selected Origin” but I will… and let you know

Ok, well that seemed to work - surprisingly. thank you -
I am sorry that I did not try that earlier or even consider it to work.
Thank you again!

Honestly I wouldn’t expected that to change anything. It was just a hunch because I know that with both selected I haven’t seen that problem.

This may very well be a bug but could also be working as designed as I think there may have been some work to get this more consistent across the board.

Leaving a little note here for @LightBurn to take a look at this.

1 Like

I put a T1 frame around my project and make sure it’s centered. When I click the frame button the laser moves to the inner project and does not even pay attention to the T1 frame.

Same problem as JReeves stated above. I will try your suggestions below when my project is finished.

Mine is working fine. I updated on Friday and have completed about a dozen burns.

This is intended, and how it was always intended to work. If you want it to actually frame the outline, you’ll need to create a ‘dummy’ shape with a real layer, but set not to output.

It will frame things even those set not to output, and disabled layers are still used when figuring out the job origin, but it will not actually run them. This is by design.

If you had a project with 5 shapes, all set on different layers, and the 3rd one didn’t cut all the way through, you could set the other layers not to output, and just re-run that 3rd layer. Since LightBurn doesn’t alter how the job origin is computed, the 3rd layer would run in exactly the same place as it did before.

If you want ONLY what you have selected to be run, you use ‘Cut Selected Graphics’, and again, you could use that to re-run part of a job without affecting the job origin. It’s only when you enable that and ‘Use Selection Origin’ that LightBurn adjusts the origin based on what’s being run. This is intended, and by design.

I downloaded the new update just a few minutes ago and it doesn’t frame properly. I read in the forum and re downloaded 1.2.04re installed it and restarted the software and then restarted the machine. it still doesn’t frame properly. I am running a thunder laser nova 51/100. any tips do I need to reset something until fix is out?

think I found it. use selection origin wasn’t selected after the update. I selected it and seems to be ok. getting ready to try and burn it. will update in a few.

That’s telling us only what you think it isn’t doing, but nothing specific about what you’re actually seeing it do, or why you think it’s wrong.

You have to tell us what it does do that you think it shouldn’t be doing.

It’s worked as intended. I didn’t have the “use selection origin” selected. I didn’t uncheck it before the update. anyways after the update, it wasn’t checked. I didn’t make any changes to file and just reloaded a file that I had previously used. I checked "use selection origin: and it cut the file as intended.

OK, if I draw a big square 300x300mm put it on T1 or T2 and draw a small square inside it 20x20mm on any layer. Version 1.2 will frame around T1 or T2. Version 1.3 will NOT frame around T1 or T2 just around the 20mm square. I know this because I use T1 or T2 for framing my material all the time.

1 Like

I downloaded the old version and still the same problem now… this is a big issue.

What version and what problem are you having?

Downloaded 1.3 version and the framing is at a crawl. So i uninstalled lightburn and reinstalled 1.2.4 version and still having the same issue.

Downloaded 1.3 version and the framing is at a crawl. So i uninstalled lightburn and reinstalled 1.2.4 version and still having the same issue.

Check this post here:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.