1.3 Update PWM and U Offset

Hey Guys

Just updated to 1.3 I know there might be some Gcode issues currently but nevertheless I am looking for a solution of Flare ups in my Deep Acrylic engraving which seems to appear when the machine has traversal in between like this f.e

I was wondering what these new settings gonna do especially the PWM Frequency.
If this is somehow posted in the wrong spot etc please let me know and Im gonna delete it ^^ thats my first ever Topic in a Forum :smiley:
Cheers

I am engraving on cast Acrylic - approx 2-2.5 mm deep

U-offset is just to move the U axis for this layer, like Z offset.

Deep engraving in acrylic may just need really good exhaust extraction to clear out the flammable vapor.

1 Like

Thanks gonna adjust that next weeks :slight_smile: What is PWM Frequency for im very curious about that

The default period for the Ruida is 50uS (20kHz) …

You can set it to whatever you wish (within limits) from the “Edit → Machine Settings”

I’ve set mine down to 1mS (1kHz) for testing …

:smile_cat:

Hey Jack thanks for the fast respond :slight_smile:
What does it gonna affect ? Is there an example scenario where you gonna benefit from adjusting ?
For what kind of testing did you try it ?

They claim there is benefit with certain material when cutting… I have changed it in order to watch how the control lines were working… and other odd uses…

I haven’t seen any real advantage to mess with it… Many here want to be able to change it per layer…

Here is a screenshot

Blue is voltage across the mA meter
Yellow is the pwm (1mS period)
Purple is the L-ON (laser enable…)

:smile_cat:

Currently im running a China Exhaust blower - with 12m³ / min 1.3 KPA but I ordered the Filtration System BOFA Oracle and was thinking about to kinda run 2 60x40 machines on it. As far as I know the performance of that is 380m³ /h and 9,6 KPA I guess that was a naive choice then ? ^^

Thats pretty cool thank you! Im kinda fine with my cuts tbh. :smiley: all I care about is the engraving part

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.