1.5.04 Issue Rectangle and Ellipse shapes missing nodes

Updated LightBurn from 1.5.02 to 1.5.04 and ran into an issue (possibly a bug) where I created a rectangle and tried to add a node in the middle of the top/bottom lines. With the rectangle shape selected and node tool selected, there are no nodes on the screen. I tried to edit an ellipse, same problem with no nodes.

I was able to see nodes when I use the line tool to create a rectangle, or any other shape. Also the “create Regular Polygon” tool also works as expected with nodes.

Noticed this in the 1.5.03 version as well, but not in 1.5.02
If I downgrade the version back to 1.5.02 and save it, then upgrade to 1.5.04 I am able to see nodes on all the shapes in the project, but not able to see them on any new rectangles or ellipses.

Has anyone else ran into this problem?
I am running Lightburn on macOS, so windows may not have this problem.

I have the same configuration except a beta LB version. I haven’t had the problems with setting nodes in 1.4.xx - 1.5.xx. .

Just to be sure, have you converted your shapes to Path…?

(if I’ve misunderstood your problem, please let me know)

I edit nodes very frequently in 1.4.04… No beta here. Can’t say I’ve ever tried working from a primitive, tho. I can give it a go in a couple hours if needed.

I am able to edit nodes on primitives, but only after I round a corner on it…
Took a few screenshots of what I am seeing.
Let me know if I can try anything? or what other info I can provide to be helpful in trying to debug this.

I think I’m not completely with you, I always have to “convert” a shape to a path before I can edit nodes…
When you have used the radius tool, you have automatically converted your shape with this operation.

Thank you for pointing this out.

I always have to “convert” a shape to a path before I can edit nodes…

Using the “Convert to Path” option under edit did allow the nodes to be enabled.
In the past I didn’t have to do this step, which threw me off now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.